A New Energy Future
This morning, Governor Kate Brown joined 16 fellow U.S. governors to announce the Governors' Accord for a New Energy Future. The 17-member bipartisan coalition commits to taking action to promote clean energy, clean transportation choices, and a modern electrical grid.
"Efficient and innovative energy solutions are one way to help make Oregon's economy more productive and resilient," shared Governor Brown.
States in the Accord will seek to:
- Diversify energy generation and expand clean energy sources
- Modernize energy infrastructure
- Encourage clean transportation options
- Plan for energy transition
- Work together to make transformational policy changes
- Secure a stronger national energy future
We look forward to supporting our state in this important move into a new energy future!
Governor Brown's Announcement Governor's Accord for a New Energy Future 17 governors announce clean energy, transportation agreement Don Thompson in the Statesman Journal, February 16 2016