Oregon <3 Energy Efficient Homes
For more than 40 years, the Oregon Department of Energy has helped Oregonians save energy (and money!) at home and at work. Through our Residential Energy Tax Credit (RETC) program, homeowners or renters can apply for a tax credit on their personal Oregon income taxes for purchasing energy-efficient products and energy systems for their homes.
You could be eligible for a RETC if you purchase qualifying equipment for your Oregon-based primary residence, secondary (vacation) home, or residential rental property. Only items eligible at the time of purchase will qualify, and you must be the owner of the new equipment. Some systems require installation by an Oregon Department of Energy-approved tax credit technician.
Credits can range from about $100 up to $6,000!
Qualifying equipment includes certain:
- Ductless Mini-split Heat Pumps
- Air-Source Ducted Heat Pumps
- Gas Furnaces
- Direct Vent Gas Fireplaces
- Wood & Pellet Stoves
- Geothermal Heat Pumps
- Electric Heat Pump Water Heaters
- Storage Gas Water Heaters
- Tankless Gas Water Heaters
- Solar Electric (Photovoltaic) Systems
- Solar Water Heating Systems
- Alternative Fuel Vehicle Charging Stations
Our most current list of qualifying equipment, systems, and services is available on our RETC web page.