Energy Facility Siting Council To Meet Sept. 21-22 in Boardman

Cliff Voliva, 503-378-3637
Rachel Wray, 503-589-0294


SALEM — Two new rulemaking projects will be the focus of attention at the next Energy Facility Siting Council meeting on September 21-22 in Boardman. The meeting begins at 3:00 p.m. on Thursday at Boardman City Hall, 200 City Center Circle. Friday’s portion of the meeting starts at 8:30 a.m.

The main items on the Council’s two-day agenda include:

  • Rulemaking: The Council will hold hearings Thursday on proposed amendments to its rules related to carbon dioxide standards (staff report), and structural, geologic and seismic updates (staff report). On Friday, the Council may take action on the proposed amendments or provide direction to Oregon Department of Energy staff.
  • Columbia Ethanol Project (Morrow County): The Council will consider the staff’s proposed order on Request for Amendment 1 of the Columbia Ethanol Project Site Certificate. The public comment period on the amendment request closed September 7.
  • Mist Underground Natural Gas Storage Facility (Columbia County): The Council will consider requests for contested case received on the temporary order on Amendment 12. After Council determines whether the request(s) justify a contested case, the Council will issue an order granting or denying the contested case. If the request(s) for contested case are denied, the Council will adopt the temporary order, issued on August 18, 2017, as the final order, authorizing a new limited water use license for water access during pipeline construction of the North Mist Expansion Project (Amendment 11).

The full meeting agenda and materials are available on the Oregon Department of Energy website:

The next EFSC meeting is tentatively scheduled for October 19-20 at a site to be determined.

To request an interpreter for the hearing impaired or accommodations for persons with disabilities, please contact the department at least 72 hours before the meeting at 1-800-221-8035 or fax 503-373-7806. TTY users should call the Oregon Relay Service at 711.